Wednesday, April 01, 2009

GASP! "My boy" CHILLY is number one at something good!

Not just how often we rush the ball, but how proficient we are at it.




You all know me as the devil's advocate here... People say I defend Chilly and that he's "my boy" just because I shoot down their dumb fantasy football laden logic. I'm not a believer in the magic pill. You can't fire a guy and bring in a new guy and it automatically means a championship. You can't attach wins and losses to a QB. This isn't the MLB. QBs don't play defense or special teams...

And another thing... I don't argue with hypotheticals like "If we ran this play instead or we should have done this" because it's hypotheticals and you can't argue like that. People that just bitch and moan and complain and play god (rubes) have to learn to give praise then when stuff does work instead of saying "it was probably an audible.. chilly didn't call it... it was luck" or some other lazy analysis.

Perfect Example, that 99 yard pass to Berrian from our 1 yard line. It was a perfectly called and executed play and even the CHICAGO bears DBs said so. SO how can any rube claim otherwise? (believe me they did at the time)

So the haters will say that it just shows how "one dimensional" our offense is. Because that's what people with no independent thought will say... yet these same Neanderthals were all screaming "run it, run it... let him run it" in what would have been AP's 31st rushing attempt in the game against San Diego where we ran the same 4 running plays over and over and over.

No one was complaining then...

2 comments:

Max said...

If the Vikings don't make an extremely strong effort to pick up Cutler, I have NO faith in this team.

Crom said...

I agree.. there is no reason not too however I wont judge until next season. If we improve even slightly in our offense... ( 12th in points which is totally acceptable and 17th in yards.. good enough for me.. 25th in passing though.. ick)

get a healthy EJ henderson back.. better/ healthier more acclimated SS and FS and we are good.

I was actually very critical of our D last year, they didn't "make plays"

they didnt cause enough turnovers, get many pics etc. they had some plays.. but they weren't "disruptive" like i'd like them to be. If you put our offense, as vanilla as it seems to be, on the ravens.. or some other great defensive team they'd go real far in the playoffs