Thursday, September 06, 2012

My Homer Take for 2012!

This will be the most vanilla post of the year.
Forgive me as I haven't gotten my juices going yet.

Having said that.

We can make the playoffs.  We have the skill sets!

Power



Agility



Speed



Intelligence 
(he learns fast!)

There are actually a  few logical things that keep me positive going into this season, I'm not just being a homer.  I'll make a nice bullet list and get this year's blog off to a professionalish start.

  1. Ponder is showing the progress you want to see from a rookie to a sophomore QB
  2. The offensive line has shown some congealing 
  3. We lost TEN games last year by 7 pts or less
  4. Those games came down to the last possession(s)
  5. Cream puff schedule- have you seen it?  (It's to the left)  Easiest I've ever seen.

Normally a writer would go into these points one by one and expound on them but I am a blogger so I am not gonna do that.  I get all the reasons people are skeptical, if for nothing else then that no one wants to get their hopes up then feel like shit.  I didn't want to renew FRAZIER'S contract, he made more game time mistakes in his 19 games then CHILLY did in his whole career with the Vikes.  But I got how the WILF's already had CHILLY's money to pay as well.   He didn't show me anything but I know the company line is "he didn't have time to implement his system."   He's obviously a "great guy" and a player's coach.  Let's hope they got rid of the bad apples and are all gonna play to a high level.

We'll see.


Last year I waxed on about how I thought McNaff would be a good fit for us... I had no clue what a weirdo he would be.  I admit I WAS WRONG. At least the post was fun to read. The guy is just cancer.  So were a few other players...  The only players who played balls out last year were Allen, AP, Harvin and Kluwe.  I think Ponder did pretty good considering he started VS the PACK, had no training camp and played with injuries the last few games.  I think that guy is gonna be a gem and he isn't scared to stay in the pocket.  The real key for us will be the O LINE, ball control, staying on the field, giving the RBs holes and keeping our defense off the field.


This is the kind of real estate we need


I know this is all obvious stuff... I never liked to report on training camp, who made plays etc. In fact I didn't even see one preseason game this year.  That's all hype and speculation.  Sunday VS Jacksonville the new campaign starts and then I am all in.  I am looking forward to how we use the TEs, how PONDER mixes in roll outs with pocket passes, how well we set our RBs up for positive yardage.  Will AP be his old self?  I think so.



Y'all know this too- In the first ten games we only play division games twice, vs DETROIT.  Let's call that a split.  Let's call the others 5-3. I would take 6-4 going into the last 6 games with two a piece VS the Bears and the Pack. Anything can happen by then...

It couldn't be any worse then last year could it?

How can a team that is top 5 in Sacks be tied for worst in interceptions and dead last in opponent passer rating?  

I have no clue.  I know the damn PACK led the league in INTs but was bottom 20's in sacks. I still scratch my head. Obviously it has a lot to do with schemes, pressure, baiting and executing etc. Things we never did last year.

If we can just MAKE SOME GOD DAMN PLAYS on defense we will be OK.  Rookies CAN make an impact.  It doesn't have to mean we will suck. Remember this rookie

Pick Six Bitch

No better time then Sunday against Gabbert to play confident, make plays and rejuvenate some seriously shell shocked SKOLERS.  A bad game and people will be saying "here we go again..."

I hate those people.

We shall see.

Please peep the POLL in the side bar and let me know what you think.

SKOL!


2 comments:

Aaron Yankosky said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Crom said...
This comment has been removed by the author.