How we all felt!
That game was enough to make even the die hardest fans question our team. Sure, there were a lot of missing starters, but still... we got owned on offense and defense. Let's take a look at my "hopes" for the game and see how we did...
- Can ALL DAY not fumble on the turf at home? (all 6 at home) HE DIDN'T. YAY
- Will the Vikings get 120 yards rushing? NOPE
- Can we punish Rawls and not the other way around? NOPE
- Can we get in his head? force some mistakes? Hit him hard? WE FORCED 1 FUMBLE BUT HE GOT 100+ NOPE
- Can we keep their avg, undrafted, WRs in check? LOL NO
- Who's getting Sherman? Can we parade all three of our speedsters at 1 and run 'em deep every snap? NO-OOORV
- I anticipate 5 WRs dressed and of 'em all getting snaps! PSSH
- Can Walsh make all his kicks? I THINK HE DID
- Can Teddy keep his stat sheet clean of INTs? NO SIR
- Which O Line shows up? The Awful one? AWFUL
- Their best DE has 2 sacks on the road- can we keep it at 2? NO
Well as you can see, we didn't accomplish anything important. Lost the turnover battle, time of possession, allowed big plays, minimally harassed WILSON. SIGH.
This was the lone bright spot. At least he's consistent... Go Flash! While we're here, I was OK with him celebrating it. He was excited. It didn't bug me that much. Let's hope he does it again when it matters though! I mean the fans celebrated too, the cheerleaders, the crowd got to sing SKOL Vikings at least!