Friday, September 30, 2011

OK, call me crazy but...

So we're off to a scary start...


I still think we can make the playoffs. It is just TOO early to play god. Look around the league, who do you pick to win the divisions? Buffalo over New England? (Just 3 weeks ago you'd pick NE) STILL think the EAGLES are the team to beat in the NFC East at 1-2? Every other team is 2-1. AFC West is any one's guess. NORRIS DIVISION- Sure the PACKERS look strong and should "prolly" maintain their edge and win 10, 11, 12 games but will they? I don't know.

Remember 1987?  We started out with the same record, strike season. "Backed into the playoffs" losing our last game.  Made the wild card. Then beat down the 13-2 Niners and 12-3 Saints.  And let's not forget when the PACK won the division BUT we beat them in the NFC Wildcard game. (Exactly like they did to the BEARS last year and the RAYS will do when/if they play the Yankees)

I certainly didn't think we'd start 0-3. What do records really mean? I was mad and embarrassed last week, and now I'm sitting here hearing the stupid national media jock Oakland, Buffalo and saying that my Vikes are in the Andrew Luck Sweepstakes. SMH. None of these people know anything about the future and apparently people have short memories. Certain teams make a few plays and all of a sudden they're "for real" and teams stacked with talent having some problems are written off for the season, it's all real lazy journalism.

You know what's an interesting barometer which I prefer to stupid "power rankings" ? The "odds" to win it all. Sure I think point spreads can be shady and manipulative but these show a little more common sense. Right now the top 6 teams favored to win it all (as of this week) are New England and the Packers THEN... wait, the LIONS?! The Lion's are three and 0 and beat 2 winless teams plus the BUCs yet they're 3 times more likely to win the super bowl then the amazing undefeated BILLS? The next few teams are Saints, Steelers, Ravens and Jets. I guess the BILLs are less likely due to the AFC having more good teams but still it's straight CRAZY to think the LIONS will win the super bowl I guess they assume the PACK and LIONS will eliminate the other come playoff time. Head Scratcher. Otherwise they all make sense. The VIKES are 100-1 for the record. That makes them about the 7th to 10th least likely team to win, which is more realistic then the media who thinks they "suck."

I think there will be a lot of 8-8 teams, 9-7 teams and whomever can just make it into the playoffs has a shot. We shall see. I think Detroit being improved this year will work in our favor. I bet all the teams in our division split 1-1 with each other Call me crazy.


But man McNabb better make some damn plays. After I got over my rage and disappointment following the last VIKES game and listened to the news conferences I relaxed a little bit, these guys don't remind me of the losers who played along Moss and Culpepper before Moss got shipped off. They were just spoiled athletes. I think our whole team are VIKINGS except maybe McNabb, he hasn't won me over yet. FAVRE won me over in the San Fran game obviously... We need a damn win. Losing to the winless CHIEFS will be the nail in the coffin. And you know they're all saying the same thing, and are at home. It is not gonna be easy no matter how sucko they look on paper.

I still think we finish at least 8-8. What do you guys think? New poll up to the right...



Hey coach, read your own damn shirt!

PLAY 60!
(not 30)

6 comments:

Aaron Yankosky said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Crom said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Crom said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Aaron Yankosky said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Crom  said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.