Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Four in a Row, for the SKOL! (6-2)



How did I do with my pre-game hopes? 
  • Patterson gives us short fields    LOLOLs NO
  • Legatron makes at least 92% of his kicks  YES
  • Gurley is bottled up early  AND LATE! YES!
  • Hekker's leg gets tired 8 PUNTS. YES
  • We get a two score lead YES (but too early)
  • They have to pass second half NO
  • We win the Turnover and T.O.P battles NO
  • We Win the game! YES!
Another walk off FG for Walsh. I guess I can't call him Legatron anymore? Seems the RAMs kicker has been given the monicker for now. 

Everyone has been talking about FISHERs remarks and JOYNERs hit on TEDDY. You've probably seen my take on twitter I compared it to two brothers playing against each other. Sure I've taken some cheap shots but only to be a jerk or out of competitiveness, I never meant to hurt my brother, or friend or whomever. (I never hurt anyone I knew playing sports.  People I didn't know? That's a different story.)  So I definitely think JOYNER meant to take a cheap shot but not necessarily give TEDDY a concussion so I don't know if that makes JOYNER stupid or naive or what.  Either way I hope the league comes down on him with more than the minimum 23K fine. You have to send a message to the players, you can't endorse "recklessness."  Here's a list of league fines.   


The good news is that all the money from fines goes to help former NFL players through the two main NFLPA charities. Now I know why players throw the balls into the stands, they make a fan happy and help out those men who paved the way before them.

Moving right along... I did a poll after the game, the results are pretty conclusive. 




Do you agree with the results?

I am going to assume that BARR and TEDDY will be good to go against Oakland. I think this game will be a very good test for our Defensive coaches. Their O line seems really good!  They've only given up 8 sacks in 8 games. Also CARRs numbers are quite impressive. 



Here's our updated defensive stats.  Something has to give.  The question will be if our defense can find a way around their lineman. I have a hunch that they will have problems with us.  Half of the sacks CARR has taken were against the Broncos.  He also threw a pick 6 under pressure in that low scoring affair. Hopefully we can mirror DENVERs success keeping them in check. 


Against a regular team this is how OAKLAND looks passing.

Pic taken from Cian Fahey - follow him @Cianaf - his analytics are great

Hopefully we won't struggle to get to him, if we do, it will be a long day! Oakland is actually pretty god against the rush statistically but I think that's just because it is so easy to throw against them. (Dead last in pass defense)  I am very curious to see how we will scheme for them.  I anticipate a lot of ADRIAN based play action passes and some shotgun formations... maybe even some hurry up. This could be a big day for TEDDY, perhaps his 2nd career 300+ day. 

Last week everyone was scared of GURLEY. Though he did well, he certainly didnt abuse us.   Overall we did a solid job on him.  The nervous Vikings fans this week are wondering if CARR will light us up for 400 yards and 3 TDs. What do you think? I posted a poll up top! I personally am not worried. I  think we will force some turnovers and if we can handle their away crowd, we will be in good shape.   I just hope all three phases of the game perform to their best. If everyone does their jobs, we might have a comfortable win.   This will be a real benchmark game for our secondary, they did ok against PEYTON and STAFFORD, lets see how they do against CARR.

I saw this on twitter today, for some reason it makes me happy!
I think he'll get closer to 1800 yards than 1500. We'll see!


HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY



No comments: