Saturday, November 07, 2015

Don't be afraid (week 9 - Rams - preview)

Hey y'all. Why so scared? Friday the 13th isn't even until next week! I've never seen so many people panic on twitter over an injury report... about a rookie... because of another rookie. 

"Oh, Jeez!"


This is the man putting fear into my fellow Viking fans!?
 Umm, Hey B Rob I think his fav Disney Princess is Ariel.
Can you please confirm when you put him on the turf?

I guess he's a defenseless pirate?  She's dressed as Audie Cole! Tackling his ass!

I understand that Hendrick's has played spirited and hard football, I too will miss him. But it's not like he's Ray Lewis or LT.  He's still a rookie who can make gap and coverage mistakes, let's be real here.   Also, Audie Cole is no slouch, he's had some great games as a starter including that awesome one against the Pack where he had 13 tackles. Including this one. 

Audiesel is practicing his discount double check

Realistically this game will be won or lost in the trenches.  While their O-Line has been formidable and opening up huge holes for him he isn't even top three amongst rookies in broken tackles or yards after first contact.  His elusiveness rating is high but it's due to poor angles from un-prepared corners. No different than AP running past Tillman back in the day. "Fool me once.... fool me twice..."  My assumption is that we'll make them beat us in the air and we'll give them the old "AP Treatment." Stack the box.  I think the fact that our D goes up against AP every day in practice will bode well on Sunday!  Also this kid is a rookie! Call me a homer but I think our defense, though not fielding our best talent, will be the biggest challenge for him and his line this year.  Also-visca versa!  Here is an Xs and Os video on how AP has to attack the Rams.

Either way it's gonna be fun as hell to watch!  I am hoping that AP shows GURLEY how it's done, and that we can bottle him up with gang tackling and gap discipline.    Remember last time? They held AP to like 2 yards a carry until... finally... BAM!   Sadly I couldn't find it on youtube.  Lame. 

Look, obviously this GURLEY kid has a huge future but I do not think Sunday will be the day that the torch is passed.  At least I hope not.  Just my take.  I think, like you and me, Gurley will be at home in January watching AP do what AP does in the playoffs and taking notes.  To quote the great Paul Allen, "He'll never get a HE'S LOOSE from me. Not gonna happen"

SKOL!

No comments: