Wednesday, November 04, 2015

YASSSS! (5-2)

"Snap, Good. 
Hold, Good. 
Walsh's kick is up...
and it's GOOOOOD!"

YASSS!!!!!!!!


I am going to keep my promise. When Chicago went up on that Cutler TD dive into Harry the Hitman I was equally impressed, (ballsy) outraged, (Cutler scored!?)  doubtful, (Here we go again!) and optimistic. (Well, it's the Bears) I knew we were only down one score and there was over 4 minutes left. Let's see what happens.  During their scoring drive, these were my tweets. 


So, no complaining! A win is a win

1000 words

I must say, 5-2 feels a lot better than 4-3. I think my tweets above speak for themselves.  For 55 minutes we played some serious 4 and 3 football (on offense at least) but that last 5 minutes or so? We fought this for the W!  We played up to the level of expectation and made all the downs count.   We finished strong and earned that win, we didn't "steal" it. 

Those of you who know me know I am not big on recaps, you can find those anywhere and I don't want to be redundant. I just like to share my thoughts and takes, hopefully with some humor.  With that said, my favorite play of the game was this. 


"Bam!"

Sadly I wasn't able to find a GIF of it, nor of Diggs winking, which was my second favorite part of this game. Let's revisit my "hopes" for the contest and see how we, err, I,  did. 

I hope that...
  • we win.  YES!
  • that Blair Walsh makes 96% of his kicks YES!
  • that no one (on Vikes) gets hurt IDK!
  • that AP has 18 carries for for 108yards ALMOST!
  • that Rudolph catches a fade in the end zone  NO
  • its a blowout and someone is mic'd for sound talking about post game deep dish pizza NO
  • Flash busts one NOPE BUT SHERELS DID!
  • AP busts one NOT QUITE
  • Harry Hitman busts someone HELL YES!
I was 3.5 for 9.  Not bad if it's baseball!  I'm sure, like most of you, I went from really disgruntled and frustrated to just plain proud. Proud of Teddy for taking those hits, slinging those passes and staying calm. Proud of DIGGS and C.J. for making those catches. Proud of our D for getting that 3 and out. I don't care if it was a drop or not, fact is that our pass rush forced a pass behind the guy making it harder to catch, and he dropped it. That's good D in my book! SKOL!

I put a new poll at the top of the page. Please take it!  There are a couple things I Want to share tonight, one is these cool pics from the Vikings team photographer. The other is the pro-bowl hype video for our Hitman Harry.  Please check it out if you haven't already.


"You've got the best of the best every Sunday and when 
it comes to making plays, you gotta make them."


Here are a few of my favorite pics from game day. 





The trip home is always nice after win,
SKOL!


No comments: