Thursday, October 29, 2015

Week 7 (At Chicago)

GEEZ.

We have won just 1 game in Chicago since 2000.  I bet most of you remember it too?  We had a rookie running back who ran for 220+ yards and returned a kick like 55 yards to set up the winning field goal.  We also were blessed to see the epic battles between T Jack and Griese.  Between Hester and Troy "NSFW" Williamson.  What a weird universe that was! Earlier that calender year Chicago went to the Super Bowl and lost. Peyton Manning won MVP.  The only memorable thing from that Superbowl to me was this...


Prince imagining what it would be like to have Brett Favre on his team

Can you name the year?

Well if you ask me, this year we are primed to get our 2nd road win in 15 efforts at Chicago.   If we play up to our potential, we may even stomp them.  


I share a extreme dislike for the Bears as well

I won't endeavor to list all the reasons why.  Let's just say that the Bears right now are utterly pedestrian.  
(RUN ON SENTENCE WARNING) 
I know we tend to play down to the level of our opponents and that anything can happen on any given Sunday so I am not saying this will be a walk in the park,but we will enjoy another "victory formation" me thinks.  They don't have a single playmaker on defense in my opinion.  It's just a S*#t Show.  Here is their projected front four for Sunday.


"Tackles, hugs, we don't care about stats!"

It's a high spirited and optimistic bunch but I don't know if they can get it together in time. We asked their one consistent starter, Jarvis Jenkins, what he thought about the upcoming game against the Vikings.

"Anything is better than the 550 yards we gave up last week. I got 1/2 a hug. Gave me the sads" 

It's a spotty analysis but, I concur.

Moving on. You guys have probably seen enough "previews" - so I am gonna leave that link and skip to some fun stuff.  Did you see the awesome Blitz Recital by the NFL Break Down Crew?

Here it is.  The Matthew Stafford abuse tape.  It's a juicy blueprint of the blitzarama Zimm Zarma brought... oh my!  
PS how can the NFL Network be outworked by a basically non-profit website?

(Click on the YES!)


YES!

Let's take a peek at Adrian Peterson's career stats against Chicago. 
In 12 career games AP has around 280 carries for 1400 yards.  That's 5 yards a carry. He also has 14 TDs. 
Based on current trends I predict 18 carries for 108 yards and 2 TDs. But thats complete speculation. There is no science here.

How am I doing?  I'm used to tweeting, getting retweets, and likes.  Blogging feels like logging into Myspace.  Also I am paranoid about my grammar because I know my Ma will read this. Hi Ma! Here's a TBT picture.... seems apropos.   It's not her birthday this week but... She's rocking the pimp coat and I think that's how we all feel at 4-2 no?


So.... Y'all see the Purple Fedora, and beard... Ready for trivia question number two?  What year was this pic taken? HINT - Larry Csonka set a (then) super bowl record for carries and yards.  It was Griese vs Tarkenton... Jagger vs Lennon...


"Have you heard about the Purple People Eaters?
Yeah, mate... 'course, It's a Bowie lyric"

I am so glad I still have all my hair.  Where were we?  How about I skip to my old stand by?!  I never have expectations, but I always have hopes. Here are my hopes for this weekend's game vs the BEARS.  I hope...
  • we win.
  • that Blair Walsh makes 96% of his kicks
  • that no one gets hurt
  • that AP has 18 carries for for 108yards
  • that Rudolph catches a fade in the end zone 
  • its a blowout and someone is mic'd for sound talking about post game deep dish pizza
  • Flash busts one
  • AP busts one
  • Harry Hitman busts someone
This blog has been brought to you by



On to our last trivia question of the evening. 
It's MATHS.  Take a deep breath. 

4-2+1=5-_

Did you get it?  See what I did there? Now for my new poll! 

J/K!

My new poll is up to the right! Please cast your vote!

[FIRST PERSON TO ANSWER ALL THREE TRIVIA QUESTIONS IN THE COMMENTS BELOW WINS A CAN OF THE ALWAYS FRESH, ALWAYS PURE, BUSTELO]

SKOL AND THANKS FOR STOPPING BY!

(AND SHOUT OUT TO DAWN MITCHELL FOR READING THIS! )

A Haiku

Dawn Mitchell, nice hair
Is Paul your uncle or what?
Awapuhi steez

WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE WHEN  DAWN BLOCKS YOU ON TWITTER








Here's the bonus link I posted above in case you missed it. 
A trip down memory lane... NSFW!




No comments: