Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Parting Shots

Well, that's it.  I am not shocked at the out come though.  When I was discussing possibilities with a Philly fan I said it would come down to these 5 factors.

  • Will AP bust one?
  • Will Westbrook bust one?
  • Will T Jack throw a pick 6?
  • Will our punt team hurt us?
  • Will our WRs struggle to get open in single man coverage and allow them to plug us up?
Well you can answer YES to all of the above. Though we forced a fumble and got a nice interception, those turnovers where harmless and in our part of the field or mid field.  Philly's long returns set up at least 2 FGs and TAVARIS didn't do us any favors. He was very inefficient.  Meanwhile McNabb racked up 300 yards dinking and dunking on us.  He had too much time to throw, I have never seen so many 3rd and longs converted in a game, all to people who's names i've never heard of.

I had hoped that Tavaris would play with poise, make plays with his feet.. that our Offensive line would find some heart and dominate, create holes for AP (they didn't) and that we could force some turnovers and get points off of them. None of that happened.

They just played a better game, did all things real solid and won comfortably.

OFFSEASON

I would like to let Sharper go, though is is smart and positive in interviews and in the locker room, I see him get torched too much. It's disconcerting.

I have lost my enthusiasms for T JACk, not so much because he had a bad game, but because he  reminds me of ELI MANNING.. in interviews he seems distant and clueless and he showed no football IQ when it came to the blitzes. I know he had no time on a few occasions but still- anticipate?!?  Hopefully we will bring in a BLUE CHIP quarterback.  He STILL tips people off with his eyes, that pick 6 was so awful.

I would also like us to sign a real receiver, not some speed guy who cant run routes like berrian or  serviceable yet boring players like wade and rice. They are avg at best I feel now and I want changes- they can never seem to GET OPEN when we need them to.  I mean jesus, SAMUEL (DB -Philly) was playing HURT and he ran better routes then RICE did. No excuses!


DEAR MANAGEMENT

Please don't buy the hype this offseason with your 20  million in cap space!. CASSEL is this years what's his name.. oh yes, that's my point. The guy in CLEVELAND everyone wanted so bad who signed a huge contract who turned out to be whatever. DERRIK ANDERSON.

When we got BERRIAN he was the best available, but still miles away from being as good as the contract we signed him to.  Let's sign people based on what they have already done, what their production is, not what they might do or are capable of doing. (SEE JARED ALLEN)

TRADE CHESTER TAYLOR for a sweet player. Make some other GM look stupid for a change and let's be on the good end of a lopsided deal. I know CHESTER is awesome, but he's under used here.   Let's get a pro bowl LB or CORNER or RECEIVER.  I am sure CINCINATTI or some similar team would love to have him

No comments: