Sunday, October 06, 2013

We Won! Pittsburgh @ Wembley Stadium, London (1-3)

Finally! The Viking dream, we hit the high seas, battled and come out victorious! 

Clever work SKOLERS!

London has never seen Big Ben raped and pillaged like this before!


As is the trend with these nerve wracking drink inducing down to the wire games, I am writing this post late.  I've decided anyways to make it more of an archival post, with lots of links about the London game and trip.  But first, lets start with this lovely memory. (fan footage obvs)


He's "still got it" !!

Here are some fun videos from inside Wembley Stadium during the entrance of the team.  I give them props, they were pretty loud.  HQ sound and video.  Enjoy.



Here are some more "fan videos" of live touchdowns.





My main concerns coming into this game were how well the Offensive line would  play, if the offensive line would play well, and would CASSEL have enough time to throw from the offensive line.  I didn't worry about the defense as much because I figured we'd get torched through the air and if we weren't able to score 30+ points we'd lose, again. 

Thank The Queen of England our boys on the line played well.  I think the final stat was 3 hurries on 27 drop backs. I really enjoyed seeing CASSEL move the ball.  Obviously we have a bit of a controversy at the moment with the QB position, my take is this.  Why not start Cassel again?  It doesn't have to be written in stone. We all know Ponder's play was more mistake prone, be it the lack of time, lack of a consistent running game or what have you.  Point is it doesn't really matter, call it energy, vibes, leadership or just luck, CASSEL got the win.  I know we were one play away from going into overtime but still.  This is what really sold me on CASSEL.  (and for the record I haven't given up on Ponder, I think he still has a future)

Here is a link of the team in the locker room after the victory.  Who knew CASSEl could be so animated?

Here are a couple more videos for archival sake.  SKOL!




No comments: