Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Titans Clash (4-1)


VICTORY!


Great game!  Not perfect, but great.  We did what we were supposed to do.  I finally got to watch the game in it's entirety thanks to NFL rewind. (It's worth the 39$)  I was hoping for a comfortable win and a score around 31-10.  Jared Allen & company delivered.  They did so with something the Viking teams of recent years haven't had... consistency.

What a refreshing trait.  AP runs with it, Ponder passes with it and Harvin jukes with it.  Hell, Even FRAZIER coaches with it. 

Let's take a quick peek at his post game locker talker and see that Ziggy Wilf smile while we're at it.   (PS who the hell does he look like? I can't place it.) Also, take the new poll! --->

Here's a few notes I took while watching what was a pretty boring game at times. (I saw the replay)  I'd rather be bored and up 23 than too nervous to eat tied in the 4th though.  My observations...
  • Touchbacks. So many. So lovely.
  • Erin Henderson is back. Nice to see, he played well, had a FF.
  • We dropped 2 easy INTs... we need to make those plays.
  • Too many checkdowns to AP on 3rd down. (We didn't convert)  Was everyone else covered?
  • Chris Johnson had 24 yards. HAHA (see MEME below)
  • PONDER's INTs - Meh, one a little high and tipped, the other a great route jump by the corner.  It happens.
  • AP almost broke that 34 yarder... any play now!
  • Beautiful throws by PONDER to HARVIN on the fly and RUDOLPH in the end zone.
  • HARRISON makes rookie mistake, gets ejected but there's no drop off in our secondary. That makes me happy.  I love how fast and physical they are.

Over all I know most fans are pleased.  There's always room for improvement but it feels nice to get that 4th win so soon. (How are you pseudo fans feeling about predicting 6 or less wins this year in my poll?)  Here's the box score.   A lot of acceptable stats except for one, we were 3 /11 on 3rd down.  Lots of drive killers like 5 tackles for a loss & penalties contributed to that. Those stats won't float against good teams.

Now for some fun stuff... 
HARVIN's double juke.
I love fan cams.

 How about some MEME's?  Just click to enlarge!
(Via fellow SKOLER @Dswen & our guys at VikingMemes (FB)




_________________________________________________________________________________







_________________________________________________________________________________






_____________________________________________________________________________







NEXT WEEK?





_________________________________________________________________________________



CROM made this one!


_________________________________________________________________________________




VIA ESPN 1500 movie posters


Here's a good story on the VIKES keeping it simple.  From our friends at ESPN. 


Here's a story from Kevin Seifert, the NFC north beat writer, 
about the VIKES legitness. "If it walks like a duck..."


That's all for now I will post more fun stuff soon.  
If you're on twitter please follow me! I post & Retweet VIKING related content daily! (And please RT my links)



SKOL!

EDIT


I just found out that Alex Karras, the former Detroit Lion defensive lineman who also played the position of Webster's dad on TV passed away.  My condolences to his family.  


R.I.P.


Here's a real hard hitting scene from Webster - Webster wants to play football.
Awwww. This aired in 1983. 



No comments: