Monday, October 20, 2008

I am actually more happy then sad about yesterdays VIKES - BEARS game

I woke up today real pleased. I don't know why. Am I the only vikes fan who feels this way? Im happier with our loss then I would have been if we won a similarly ugly 10 to 7 "battle" and i think this is why.  

Now don't get me wrong, I know every game counts and by the end of the season this "could come back to haunt us" I'd also like to preface that I hate to lose and I spend most close viking games to nervous to eat towards the end and tend to have my whole day ruined if we lose... but having said that. After clearing my head with a hot date and some video games and movies and waking up to go to work and reading the box score on the way to work I was like. WOW. We lit those guys up. 

WE were a Juggernaut yesterday. Over 400 yards and moving the ball at will at times. 28 first downs? against a pretty damn good defense (even with their sub D-Backs) I thought "so all we need to do is not fumble the ball in our end zone, on our 5 yard line and not give a INT return to our 6 yard line and not have 8 penalties for 85 yards and we can win some games?" Really- that's all we have to do.

Because yesterday we FINALLY saw AP break one... We saw BERRIAN make some really nice grabs.. WE saw SHANKOE make his money.. Bobby wade do his thing (drops aside) and we saw some draw plays work, some 3 receiver sets.. a nice screen. We played from behind against defense designed to limit our passing and still passed. We saw defenses designed to stop our run and still ran. We saw JARED ALLEN get two sacks and make some nice plays. Hell, even Napolean harris had 5 tackles. In other words.. we saw most of the people do what they're supposed to do (except our safeties.. is SHARPER over the hill?) and were betrayed by "role players"and our normally smart consistent QB.

Everyone is entitled to one or two bad games (Except T JACK) so I can live with this.. SO LONG AS WE DON'T DO THIS KIND OF SHIT ON A SYSTEMIC BASIS EVER AGAIN. let's hope we got all the bobbled snaps, dumb holds, stupid personal fouls, fumbles, and interceptions "for no good reason" out of the way!!

No comments: